Food waste recycling, composting, organic waste recycling
– whatever you decide to call it
If you're looking for a way to recycle:
- Vegetables & fruits
- Meat & seafood (including bones and shells)
- Coffee cups
- Biodegradable packaging
- Paper towels & napkins
- PLA grade bottles and food container
We provide two service options:
Low Volume – 60 litres or less a day
- 60 litre orange food waste bags are purchased from Rubbish Direct
- Full food waste bags are tied up and placed in our 240 litre recycling bins
- Full recycling bins are exchanged for clean deodorised ones
High Volume – 240 litres plus a day
- 240 litre wheelie bin
- Full bins are exchanged for clean deodorised ones
The bins are brought back to our depot in West Auckland for sorting. The contents are checked and all contaminants like steel forks and tea towels are pulled out.
The sorted food waste is then transferred into the first chamber of our digester.The microbes in the digester work hard at breaking down the food waste.The end product is a high grade fertiliser.
This service is currently only available to Rubbish Direct’s rubbish & recycling customers
Want to find out more? Contact us now and one of our experienced reps would be happy to assist you.